Just like the racing greyhound, the RRC2+ embodies all these core attributes... Simplicity, Power, Speed, Precision. The RRC2+ provides extremely accurate altitude measurement and mach-immune dual-event capabilities in a no-frills, easy to use package. Having adopted and fostered more than a dozen of these magnificent retired racers over the years, I wanted to pay homage to all my hounds, past and present.
The RRC2+ is a barometric dual-deploy altimeter, with a feature set for beginners and experts alike. The unit is extremely small and very easy to install and operate. It's programmed using a very straightforward DIP switch configuration method. No User Manual or documentation is required on the field, as all the switch settings are printed right on the altimeter itself. The RRC2+ epitomizes the "buy it and fly it" altimeter, with a price point that your rocketry budget will appreciate as well.
· 16MHz 16-bit MSP430 Series mCU
· MSI MS5607 Pressure sensor
Note: This high resolution altimeter sensor has a 24 bit ΔΣ ADC, with internal factory calibrated coefficients which provide a precise digital 24 bit pressure and temperature.
· 40K MSL (Sensor system is 100K MSL capable)
Note: The RRC2+ uses an electrolytic brownout capacitor. Electrolytic capacitors have (semi-)liquid dielectrics, which can boil off in vacuum.
· 3.5 VDC to 10.0 VDC / Optimized for 9V battery power
· 6ma @ 9V quiesecent / 35ma @ 9V during piezo and LED operation
· Length 58mm (2.28")
· Width 23.5mm (0.925")
· Weight ~10 grams
· Mounts via 2" hole centers (same as RRC2-mini)
· Drogue / Main
· 5A @ 9V current sinking
Flight Data Recording
· Reports peak altitude "post flight" and saves this value to EEPROM
· Reports EEPROM peak altitude and battery voltage at power up
· Programmable frequency and extra loud 85dB magnetic buzzer
· High efficiency red LED status indicator
· High/Low Beep Tone
· Apogee Drogue Event / Apogee +1 second Drogue Event
· Main Events at 300', 500', 800' or 1000' AGL