Missileworks RRC3 Sport Altimeter
The RRC3 System has many roots that were originally planted in an older legacy project started back in 2003 dubbed the 'mPAC'. This project never got much beyond the concept and prototyping stages, however it laid the groundwork for many of the fundamentals used by the RRC3 system today. It's only appropriate that the RRC3 inherit the original mPAC "Archie" logo.
The Rocket Recovery Controller 3 (RRC3) is a barometric dual-deploy altimeter, with the features of high-end units, at the cost of those with a more modest feature set. In addition to basic dual-deploy capability, the RRC3 is a multi-flight recording unit, allowing you to fly all day, without the need to stop and download data in between flights. The RRC3 also provides a third, highly flexible and programmable 'Auxiliary' output which can provide staging, airstarts, backup events, and a host of other applications. The RRC3 can also support real-time data streaming capabilities in flight for telemetry or for interface with other custom control systems. Despite this unrivaled suite of intrinsic capabilities and expandability, the RRC3 still maintains its simple "buy it and fly it" operations.
· 16MHz 16-bit MSP430 Series mCU
· 8Mbit SST Flash Memory
· MSI MS5607 Pressure sensor
Note: This high resolution altimeter sensor has a 24 bit ΔΣ ADC, with internal factory calibrated coefficients which provide a precise digital 24 bit pressure and temperature. The RRC3 design also provides a dedicated "baro-only" regulated power system and applies other noise reduction techniques to further accurize pressure data.
· Sport Unit: 40K MSL
· Xtreme Unit: 100K MSL
Note: For high reliabilty purposes, the 'Xtreme" Altimeter replaces the standard RRC3 electrolytic brownout capacitor with a solid-dielectric type for operations in virtual vacuum and near space conditions. Electrolytic capacitors have (semi-)liquid dielectrics, which can boil off in vacuum.
· 3.5 VDC to 10.0 VDC / Optimized for 9V battery power
· 6ma @ 9V quiesecent / 35ma @ 9V during piezo and LED operation
· Length 99.5mm (3.92")
· Width 23.5mm (0.925")
· Weight ~17 grams
· Drogue / Main / Auxiliary
· 5A @ 9V current sinking
Flight Data Recording
· 15 flights with ~28 minutes of data per flight
· Each flight logs 20Hz altitude/velocity and 1Hz temperature/battery voltage
Flight Data Telemetry
· 0.5Hz or 1Hz 9600 bps configurable serial stream
· Timestamp, Altitude, Velocity, Temperature, Events
· Programmable frequency and extra loud 85dB magnetic buzzer
· High efficiency red LED status indicator
Expansion Peripherals and Accessories
· USB-IO PC interface dongle to capture recorded flight data
· Plug in LCD Terminal for quick field configuration and data retrieval
· mDACS PC application for advanced flight analysis, configuration, and testing
· Smart Pyro Board with extended timing and power capability (in development)
· GPS / Telemetry package (in development)
· Bluetooth communication module (in development)